Caring for your toothbrush is just as important as caring for your teeth. If your toothbrush contains bacteria, it can spread the bacteria to your teeth. To make sure your mouth is healthy and happy, be sure to clean the instruments that clean your teeth! Additionally, if your toothbrush is worn out or old, it simply won’t be able to perform at its maximum effectiveness.
The following tips can help you keep your toothbrush working properly for you:
– Try to keep your toothbrush free from contamination.
– Don’t share toothbrushes, and always store yours upright in a cool, aired-out container when not being used.
– Storing toothbrushes in closed containers for prolonged periods of time can increase the risk of contamination.
– When choosing a toothbrush, try to find one that can easily fit in your mouth and reach all areas around your teeth and gums.
– Look for toothbrushes that have the ADA Seal of Acceptance or those that have been endorsed by your dentist.
– Find a toothbrush that has soft bristles, as stiff bristles can hurt your gums.
– If you have muscle damage or have a tough time brushing, electric toothbrushes can make the task much easier.
– Be sure to swap out your toothbrush at least every three to four months, or earlier if necessary.
If you would like an oral exam or professional cleaning with Dr. Jeffrey Morrison at Mountain Crest Dental Care, please schedule an appointment calling 801-734-9710today. Our team in Orem, Utah looks forward to helping you with all of your smile care needs!