A healthy smile is essential to ensure your teeth and gums can thrive for the rest of your life. Everything from your daily cleaning habits to your lifestyle choices can affect the health of your teeth and gums, so it is important to always maintain a checklist of everything you are doing to help keep your smile safe, including the following tips:
– Floss between your teeth and use mouthwash daily.
– Always make sure to limit between-meal snacks as they contribute to an increased rate of tooth decay.
– To avoid further dental damage, always use mouthwash or other similar cleaning product after eating. Make sure it is non-abrasive as your teeth are extra sensitive at this time.
– Improve your diet by eating healthy and nutritious meals.
– Always make sure to drink plenty of water to help rinse away any debris that may be present in your mouth.
– Limit the intake of starchy products as well as sugary sweets that can speed up plaque formation and dental erosion.
– Avoid unhealthy habits such as chewing tobacco and smoking.
– Visit your dentist for routine checkups and examinations.
If you would like to set up an oral health care session at Mountain Crest Dental Care, you are welcome to call our dentist office in Orem, Utah, at our number 801-734-9710. Dr. Jeffrey Morrison and our entire team look forward to enhancing your smile.